Spring Semester 2021 Begins January 3rd.
Enrich your kids’ minds with these fun and practical classes!
What We’ll Do for 20 Weeks
We incorporate wonderful homeschooling practices into our classes:
- Copywork: The primary goal of copywork is for a child to internalize the mechanisms of good writing—penmanship, spelling, grammar, and style—by copying a perfectly composed sample. The more a child transcribes, the more proficient she will become in the English language.
- Narration: This simple act of retelling trains the students’ mind to be attentive to the subject matter and to assimilate the material before expressing them eloquently. This is writing in an oral form.
- Poem Memorization: Susan Wise Bauer, author of The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had, argues that memorization builds into children’s minds an ability to use complex English syntax. The student who memorizes poetry will internalize the rhythmic, beautiful patterns of the English language. These patterns then become part of the student’s language store, those wells that we all use every day in writing and speaking. Without memorization, the student’s language store, Bauer says, will be limited: memorization stocks the language store with a whole new set of language patterns.
- Audiobooks: Benefits to regularly listening to audiobooks, including:
- Increasing reading accuracy by 52%
- Increasing reading speed, expanding vocabulary and improving fluency
- Teaching pronunciation
- Improving comprehension by 76%; and
- Increasing test scores by 21% when engaged in multi-modal learning.
- Grade 2 and under: 1 hr classes. Uses *Rod & Staff phonics and grammar program.
- Grade 3-5 Full Language Arts Classes: 1.5 hr classes. Uses IEW writing program, *Rod and Staff grammar, vocab building, and Killgallon for sentence composing.
- Grade 3-5 Writing Classes: 1 hr classes. Uses IEW writing program.
- Grade 6-8 Full Language Arts Classes: 1.5 hr classes. Uses IEW writing program, *Rod and Staff grammar, Vocabulary From the Classical Roots vocabulary building, and Killgallon for sentence composing.
- Grade 6-8 Writing Classes: 1 hr classes. Uses IEW writing program.
- All Classes are in Central Standard Time.
*In her book, The Well-Trained Mind, best-selling author Susan Wise Bauer regarded Rod and Staff English as the most comprehensive writing program in America for elementary and secondary students. To teach grammar we use Rod and Staff.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
Rod and Staff is a Christian publisher. Its publications contain Christian content and were originally intended for a Christian audience.
Materials Needed for Classes:
1. Three-ring binder | 2. Lined paper | 3. Pencils | 4. Erasers
THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Reserve Your Class Seat
1. Kids take the assessment:
2. Kids will be placed in the correct class based on their assessed level.
3. Kids will be grouped in an existing class or form a new class with other kids.
4. Ms. Leeling will email parents the enrollment form and payment links.
5. Parents buy assigned books.
“What he’s learning in his English class is quite advanced for his age. We used to learn them in high school. He is now using new words that are not even in our vocabulary. He is also now analyzing and formulating complex sentences. We see all this improvement only after about six months of classes! We are glad that we found you guys to train him. We are really happy.” – – Prakash & Deepti (Arjun’s parents)
|1. (20 Weeks) 1hr English Class: Grades K-1||20 x $25 = $500|
|2. (20 Weeks) 1hr Writing Class: Grades 2-5||20 x $30 = $600|
|3. (20 Weeks) 1.5hr Full Language Arts Class: Grades 3-5||20 x $40 = $800|
|4. (20 Weeks) 1hr Writing Class: Grades 6-8||20 x $35 = $700|
|5. (20 Weeks) 1.5hr Full Language Arts Class: Grades 6-8||20 x $45 = $900|
Get in Touch
Singapore Math Camps
Round Rock, TX